Posts Tagged ‘Lego’
Lego Architecture is a new product line from Lego that should be available in July. In collaboration with Architectural Artist Adam Reed Tucker of Brickstructures, Lego are producing several architectural themed construction sets that will include Seattle’s ‘Space Needle’, the ‘Empire State Building’, Frank Lloyd Wright’s ‘Falling Water’ and the Guggenheim Museum amongst others. Split into two series, ‘landmark’and ‘architect’ they are available for pre-order from Brickstructures.
- Came across the work of artist David Jon Kassan who’s got some stunning portraits on his portfolio site.
- Sliding House – A house in Suffolk designed by architects dRMM that has a sliding outer shell which slides over three fixed buildings.
- Lego challenge – As part of Scottish Design Awards, five architect firms have been tasked with designing a building out of lego. The designs can be voted for online with the winner announced on 29th May. My vote’s for the Mondrian inspired villa from gm+ad.
- There’s a great article over on the Creative Review blog about the reprinting of Wim Crouwel’s ‘Vormgevers’ poster and the process behind reproducing the artwork so that it matches the original ‘non-computer’ created design and all its imperfections. The reprinted poster is available from Blanka and looks fantastic.
- Lego Wall-E as created by pixar animator Angus MacLane. Think Lego missed a trick here.
- SoundCloud – Online audio platform designed for music professionals that’s come up with some clever ways of sending and receiving music.
- Meomi have updated their website with a gorgeous ‘treehouse’ design. The kid and I are looking forward to the release of their new ‘Octonauts and the Frown Fish’ book as well.
- Ride this years Tour de France route using Google Maps Street View.
- Lego have just upped their game with the forthcoming Death Star and a Volkswagen Beetle. Please can we have a Type 1 or Type 2 bus next!
- Limited edition Blue-Ray version of Helvetica with some great packaging from Experimental Jetset
- Getting creative with lego. 2001’s Discovery in lego as well as the EVA Pod, The Dawn of Man and 2010’s Leonov.
- Animoto – Slick online video creation tool
- China Design Now – Fantastic exhibition exploring China’s ‘new culture of design’ at the V&A